Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren)

3 posters

Go down

Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren) Empty Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren)

Post  Fredrik February 28th 2012, 14:56

Luleå University of Technology provides accommodation for all exchange students, however they are all single bed student accommodations and not suitable for more than one person. We can also not provide accommodation for anyone who will not be an exchange student at LTU.

If this applies to you, you need to find a suitable accommodation on your own. In this post you find some information and recomendations regarding this.

On campus we have two landlords that offer student accommodations, Lindbäcks Fastigheter AB and Lulebo AB. Lulebo offers dorm rooms where you are only allowed to stay one person and unfurnished apartments. Lindbäcks have furnished single bed apartments in varying sizes up to 37,5 sqm. In the largest ones 28 sqm and 37,5 sqm it is possible to put in an extra bed at your own expense, it will be very tight but maybe okay for a limited time. Lulebo and Lindbäcks also have larger unfurnished apartments. See their websites for more details.

My second recommendation and especially if one of you is not a student is to look off campus. Linas Fastigheter is a landlord that specializes in furnished apartments for short term stays. We have had students with partner and children stay with them in the past. They have apartments in the city center with good communication by bus to the university. There are buses every 10-15 minutes and it takes 15 minutes one way.

I recommend you to signup and apply as early as possible. To apply for a student accommodation you need to be accepted as a student at LTU but you can signup on their websites and put yourself in line years in advance. Once you have been accepted you can start applying for accommodation actively. With non-student accommodations there is of course no limit to how early you can apply.

Contact information
Linas fastigheter
info@lina.se
+46 920 230 990
http://www.lina.se/l%C3%A4genhetshotell/kontakta-oss-5333835

Lindbäcks fastigheter AB
http://www.studentbostadsservice.se/?setlanguage=en

Lulebo AB
http://www.lulebo.se/

It is also possible to sublease an apartment. You can find such offerings at Blocket.se and Mystudentstore.se. Since these websites are in Swedish and you probably won't have the possibility to see the apartment before signing it is not an option I recommend for exchange students unfamiliar with Swedish and Sweden.

Direct link to search query for subleases at blocket.se: Bostäder att hyra i Sverige - Blocket Bostad

Direct link to search query for subleases at mystudentstore.se: Mystudentstore.se - Studenternas handelsplats

Last edited by Fredrik on April 10th 2015, 10:53; edited 6 times in total
Fredrik
Fredrik

Back to top Go down

Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren) Empty Re: Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren)

Post  amoll July 18th 2012, 13:10

Hello fredrick , I have one question, I am not exchmnage student however I am coming as a Phd researcher, do I get assistance for accomodation and pick up from you guys or I have to find my own way. Please let me know

amoll

Back to top Go down

Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren) Empty Re: Housing in Luleå for non exchange students and for students bringing their partner and/or child(ren)

Post  Fredrik July 24th 2012, 17:46

No, you are on your own. We only help exchange students and in some cases international master students.
Fredrik
Fredrik

Back to top Go down

Post  annikajohansson April 11th 2013, 16:56

Har du en email för intresserade värdfamiljer??

annikajohansson

http://www.eciggbutik.se/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredrik April 15th 2013, 12:07

Vi har tyvärr inget värdfamiljsprogram i Luleå.
Fredrik
Fredrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down