Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accomodation and liability insurance

Go down

Accomodation and liability insurance Empty Accomodation and liability insurance

Post  kouaye August 1st 2009, 22:36

I would like to know if the accommodations we're going to have are insured or if we have to look for an accomodation insurance in our country or in Sweden. I wonder as well if we're going to have a liability insurance or if we also have to look for one on our own.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Talk to you soon

Aurélien

kouaye

Back to top Go down

Accomodation and liability insurance Empty Re: Accomodation and liability insurance

Post  Fredrik August 3rd 2009, 11:34

General student insurance
All students in Sweden are currently covered by the personal injury insurance (the general student insurance) that is obtained on behalf of universities and colleges within the State insurance system by the The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). The insurance applies in Sweden during school hours and during travel to and from the location where school hours are spent.

The insurance for exchange students: STUDENT IN
All exchange students (ERASMUS, bilateral agreements, etc) at Luleå University of Technology are automatically insured via a group insurance - The Swedish State’s insurance for foreign students in Sweden (STUDENT IN). The insurance is free of charge for the student and applies without deductibles.
The Student IN insurance policy provides foreign students with cover for medical expenses. It also contains a certain amount of accident cover in the form of a fixed amount in conjunction with disability or death, as well as liability and legal expenses cover. It applies at twenty-four hours a day within the Schengen area.

The insurance also covers damage claims against the insured person within the relationship between the insured person as a tenant and a landlord.

Links
Insurance | Kammarkollegiet
Information about insurance and health care from International office at LTU

Last edited by Fredrik on June 9th 2016, 15:35; edited 15 times in total
Fredrik
Fredrik

Back to top Go down

Accomodation and liability insurance Empty Re: Accomodation and liability insurance

Post  lu August 6th 2009, 02:51

I want to know if when travelling from Sweden to other countries of EU at my leisure time I will be insured by The Swedish State’s insurance for foreign students.

lu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredrik August 6th 2009, 23:08

As I understand it, The Swedish State’s insurance for foreign students in Sweden (STUDENT IN) does not cover travels outside of Sweden. I can find nothing in the text to indicate that. It is written:
It applies twenty-four hours a day in Sweden.
But I am no expert. If you have further questions you can contact International.Office@ltu.se.

Last edited by Fredrik on October 11th 2011, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Fredrik
Fredrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down